A Blog About All Things Delicious


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What is Deliciousness?


Once in a while, we find something that we just love.  When not forced to think of work, or being a parent, or ..., we find our mind meandering around these things.  

For me, the first time I found something like this, I was a mangy 10-year-old running to the ice cream shop.  I was one of those girls that pulled my clothes out of the dirty-clothes hamper, and ran out the door without even brushing my hair -- honestly.  My husband thinks I look more like a boy in my 3rd grade pictures than he did.  Of course I don't remember what I was wearing or if I brushed my hair that particular day, but I do remember getting a cone filled with a chocolaty, nutty, rapidly melting flavor - Burnt Almond Fudge.  Man was it DELICIOUS.  To this day I subconsciously look for the flavor EVERY time I go to the grocery store, the ice cream store, or any other store that sells ice cream.  Unfortunately, I NEVER find it.  Does anyone know a good place? 

Anyway, that's what this blog is about...things that are so "delicious" I find myself thinking about them months, even years later as I'm randomly driving in the car.  I hope you enjoy my chronicle of lovely things. 

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to delighting in your deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm pretty sure the brand you are missing is "snelgroves." i used to love the burnt almond fudge and the canadian vanilla. i was very sad when my mom told me they were bought out by dreyers a few years ago and they shut them down.

    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695254897,00.html

    and i love the cranky pants. oli REALLY needs some of those these days.

    ReplyDelete