A Blog About All Things Delicious


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Eat Chronic Tacos

I feel strange giving a plug for a food chain, but I have to give a shout out to our Newport Beach vacation and the favorite (by far) food on the trip.

Living in California, I eat a lot of Mexican food.  The first fish taco I ate on day one of our Newport trip was nast-asaurus-rex.  My friend was nice enough to pick it up for me right on the boardwalk, but the location didn't make up for the soggy, thick batter and the garbage smelling fish.  Disappointing showing for California beach food.  But then we found....(drum roll).....Chronic Tacos.


I hear they have one of these in Boise, but I like to pretend it's a little whole in the wall dive we were lucky enough to find - a little jewel of Newport Beach.  If I ever visit the one in Boise, I'll be imagining sandy beaches, and a great sunburn. :)

My favorite item: the grilled Mahi Mahi taco with guac, cheese, cabbage, cilantro and onions.  I think I had one almost every day.  I also tried the Carnitas, which was eh.  But the fish was dynamite.

Go to Newport Beach and pretend this is not a chain.  It's a fun and delicious activity.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I think the one in Boise closed. You can still pretend it is a Newport Beach specialty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE chronic tacos!!! we were obsessed with it in newport! yum! that sounds heavenly! :)

    ReplyDelete