A Blog About All Things Delicious


Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Zachary's Pizza

Finally, a delicious post about food.  I can't believe it's taken me this long to share, but let's be honest, Zachary's Pizza (in Oakland and Berkeley) is the snizz.  Some people sneer at pizza reviews thinking "how can pizza really be THAT different than any other pizza".  But seriously folks, just look at this picture.


It's almost 2 inches high!  The crust is a buttery and flaky, but definitely subtle enough that the flavors of the delicious, chunky tomato sauce on top really sings.  My favorite is pepporoni, mushrooms, and green peppers.  This pizza is so good, I even got my husband to eat it with a feta cheese topping - a GIANT accomplishment.  I've driven out of my way about an hour just to pick up this pizza.  It's worth every extra minute and dollar spent on gas.

If the East Bay is just too far, there are a couple of close seconds, Paxti's in Palo Alto, and Little Star in San Francisco.  But, if you do have the means to get there, don't miss the number one.  Go Zachary's!

2 comments:

  1. i do love Zachary's. a very deserving post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving Paxi's a shout out-was that just for us? :-) This post is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete